9 Simple Ways to Keep Your Car Performing Well
Face it - some drivers do a better job than others when it comes to sticking to a car maintenance schedule.
For example, drivers generally have their car brakes checked, but they don’t always do it as frequently as they should.
Below are 9 routine maintenance tips to help you keep your car running smoothly.
- Check the brakes every 12 months/12,000 miles.
- Change the air filters every 12 months /12,000 miles.
- Change the coolant (antifreeze) every 12 months /12,000 miles.
- Check the spark plugs every 12 months /12,000 miles.
- Wash the car (to remove road salt and grime) every month.
- Change the oil every 3 months /3,000 miles
- Check tire pressure and condition every month.
- Check the battery, including terminals and cables every 3 months /3,000 miles.
- Check the engine belts every 3 months /3,000 miles.
To see how well drivers are doing with sticking to the schedule above, check out the Toco National Car Maintenance Infographic.