The Benefits of Auto Repair Coverage
Purchasing a vehicle service contract from Toco is the simple, affordable way to prevent a covered breakdown from turning your life upside down.
Toco Vehicle Service Contract Benefits
No Down PaymentYou don't need to make a big up-front investment to start your coverage. Waiting period applies.
Affordable Monthly PaymentsBeing vertically integrated means we can offer a great product at an affordable price.
Pay As You GoUnlike with other sellers, you don't have to pay up front for years of coverage. Cancel at any time; cancellation fee may apply.
Simple Claims ProcessWhen a covered breakdown occurs, the plan administrator will take care of the payment and paperwork so you don't have to.
Nationwide Repair FacilitiesRepairs can be done by any licensed repair facility you want.
We know that a breakdown can make everything in your life a little tougher, which is why your Toco plan's coverage doesn't end with just your car.
The following benefit descriptions apply only to benefits provided in Toco vehicle service contracts. For California residents, see our Mechanical Breakdown Insurance plan for a separate list of benefit descriptions.
- + 24-hour Roadside Assistance
If your car breaks down, our roadside assistance provider is there to help. Just call 1-866-751-3076 and they'll:
- Jump start your car if your battery dies
- Change a tire if you have a flat
- Deliver fuel if you run out of gas (you do have to pay for the gas, though)
- Send a locksmith if you lose your keys or lock them in the car
- Tow your car up to 15 miles if it isn't functioning
- + Trip Interruption Coverage
Car trouble when you're away from home can be a big, expensive hassle - especially if you have to leave your car in the shop overnight. If you have a covered breakdown more than 100 miles from home, the plan can help with:
- Restaurant reimbursement
- Hotel reimbursement if your car can't be fixed in a day
- Up to $100 a day (meals and lodging combined)
- Up to 3 days total ($300 total per breakdown)
- + Rental Car Benefit
Whether you're near home or on the road, a breakdown can make life tough. If your car is in the shop for a covered breakdown, the plan will help you pay for a rental car or other public transportation alternative.
- $35 for every four labor hours
- Up to $175 per repair visit
- No deductibles
- + Hotel & Motel Discounts
Even if you don't break down, you can still take advantage of Toco plan benefits whenever you travel.
- Discounts on any stay booked through Hotels.com.
- Reserve anytime, even the same day up to 8:00 pm local time
- Get an extra 5% rebate when you send us your receipt
- + How Do I File a Claim?
- Simply take your vehicle to your favorite licensed mechanic, repair shop or dealership, provide them with your customer contract number and have them call (800) 616-1215 (California customers: provide your MBI policy number and have them call (877) 647-9752). Once you've paid your deductible to Toco, the plan will pay the repair facility directly for any listed covered repairs. Please note that the administrator may ask for maintenance receipts or to inspect the vehicle at the time of the claim.
- + What is “MBI” or Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (the coverage offered by Toco in California)?
- Toco offers mechanical breakdown insurance (MBI) to California residents. While it's similar to a vehicle service contract in that it covers certain repair costs for your vehicle, MBI is actually an insurance product.
- + Why is There a Waiting Period?
- The mandatory waiting period is in place to help assure us that your car is in working order before coverage takes effect. Toco plans do not cover pre-existing conditions (conditions that arise prior to contract purchase or during the waiting period).